Re: Why will the Emacs Wiki not save my edits?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Why will the Emacs Wiki not save my edits?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 02:21:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tom

When I tried it by appending "test" at the end of the page and hitting the
Preview button, I got a decent preview. (I also got rid of my admin password
before trying it.) It doesn't seem to be a problem with the page content.

The Captcha is only asked once – answering it correctly sets a parameter in the
cookie which bypasses it.

Even if you're overlooking something basic nothing in what you wrote suggests
anything to me.

You also tried different browsers. The only variable I can think of is a proxy:
Sometimes proxies filter out requests they deem to be a security issue. Have
you tried from different locations such as from home and from work?

Out of curiosity, have you tried using some of the Emacs based solutions? The
one I used for a bit was based on curl, but others also exist:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Yaoddmuse
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OddmuseMode
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/oddmuse-curl.el

Good luck