Re: Major mode weirdness.

From: PJ Weisberg
Subject: Re: Major mode weirdness.
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:59:45 -0700

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Daniel Schoepe
<daniel.schoepe@googlemail.com> wrote:

> At any rate, I guess the docstring for default-major-mode possibly
> should say more than just "use `major-mode' instead" though.

Indeed.  In fact, I'm not sure deprecating `default-major-mode' in
favor of `major-mode' was a good idea at all.  It seems weird to me
that setting it's default value via `set-default' is meaningful, but
setting it's local value isn't.

As an aside, I try to set everything possible through Customize, just
in case some things are set up to trigger side-effects.

-PJ