Re: What has changed in buffer?

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: What has changed in buffer?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 07:20:22 -0500

On Jul 19, 2011, at 7:07 AM, Neal Becker wrote:

I go to quit emacs, or kill a buffer.  It has been modified.  How can I see what
the changes are?  An ediff for this would be nice.

You know what would be great?  If when asking whether to save the buffer, emacs
would offer to show the diff.

I like your suggestion.

What I do is "undo" which tends to remind me what / where the buffer got changed.  Often it was by accident.  And if I want to keep the changes, I redo and then save.