Re: dired-sort-menu dose not work in my GNU Emacs 23.2.1

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: dired-sort-menu dose not work in my GNU Emacs 23.2.1
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 02:49:43 +0200

Hi,

> First, what about the error that you reported initially, "Symbol's value as
> variable is void: ls-lisp-dirs-first"?  Do you still get that?
>
> If so, I suspect that that is a bug in `dired-sort-menu.el'.  Please report it
> to the author of that library - correspond with him about this, to get that
> library working on its own, first.

I can acknowledge that this is a bug in `dired-sort-menu.el', I get the
same error.  This is the erroneous defun:

(defun dired-sort-menu-toggle-dirs-first ()
  "Toggle ls-lisp switch `ls-lisp-dirs-first' and update buffer."
  (interactive)
  (setq ls-lisp-dirs-first (not ls-lisp-dirs-first))
  (revert-buffer))

where `ls-lisp-dirs-first' is void when "ls-lisp" was not loaded before.

I won't report the bug, though, because I start into holidays tomorrow,
no time.

Regards,

Michael.