RE: how to scrolling the text one line each time for mouse wheel.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: how to scrolling the text one line each time for mouse wheel.
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:27:07 -0700

>>> when I scroll the text by mouse wheel, the emacs jump
>>> too far (more than one line), who knows how to resolve
>>> this problem?
>>
>> Hold down the Shift key when you rotate the wheel.
>> Or change your settings:
>> M-x customize-option mouse-wheel-scroll-amount
>
> speaking of which, is there anyway to do this for just
> the up or down arrow?

What do you mean, make `up' and `down' move the cursor more than one line at a
time, or make them scroll the window?

Anyway, yes, you can do anything you want.  You just need to bind the `up' and
`down' keys to the commands you want.
See the Emacs manual, node `Key Bindings':
`C-h i g Key Bindings RET'

The basic commands for scrolling the window are `scroll-up' and `scroll-down'.
Depending on how you look at scrolling, they might be opposite to what you
expect. ;-)

Example: (global-set-key [down] 'scroll-up)