Re: Emacs equivalent of the ":g" command in vi

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs equivalent of the ":g" command in vi
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:27:57 +0200

Am 22.07.2011 um 10:42 schrieb C K Kashyap:

> I need to perform a certain action (such as delete the line) on each line of
> a buffer if the line matches a regular expression. In vim, we can use the :g
> command for this.

I don't know that :g in vim that exactly, I prefer to use ``.´´ from time to
time.

GNU Emacs allows to use three commands:

        repeat
        repeat-complex-command
        repeat-matching-complex-command

See which one can be used! (Deleting a single line is simple: C-k, deleting a
bunch of lines is also quite simple: C-u <number> C-k – which could be as
simple as in vi/vim.)

--
Greetings

  Pete