Re: Cannot print with emacs

From: Harald Weis
Subject: Re: Cannot print with emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:01:25 +0200

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:08:41PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 21.07.2011 um 14:28 schrieb Harald Weis:
>
> > What am I doing wrong ?

> Maybe printing works for you as well out-of-the-box... (provided the printing
> subsystem is set up correctly)

No, it does not. You must at least tell emacs that it must use
/usr/local/bin/lpr (which is the CUPS lpr) and not /usr/bin/lpr (which
is the LPD lpr).

I have some reason to suspect a bug in my present emacs
because on startup I get a
"GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server" error.
I've recompiled - before my original post - emacs and gconf.
I hesitate to reinstall _all_ other ports because the emacs printing
package is the only thing which does not work.

In fact, I'm waiting now for Rasmus who will hopefully reply to my

Mit besten Grüßen,
Harald