Re: Editing the previous regexp

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Editing the previous regexp
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:08:01 +0800

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Vijay Lakshminarayanan
<laks.vij@gmail.com> wrote:
> M-p works too.  I prefer that to arrow keys.  M-n is the equivalent of <down>

`previous-complete-history-element' is way more useful than the
default binding of <M-p>.  You have to change it in a few key-maps if
you want the behaviour across many prompts:

rough snippet straight from my init, fix as required:

(mapc
     '(lambda (map)
        (define-key map [(meta p)] 'previous-complete-history-element)
        (define-key map [(meta n)] 'next-complete-history-element))
     (nconc (list minibuffer-local-completion-map
                  minibuffer-local-isearch-map
                  minibuffer-local-map
                  minibuffer-local-must-match-map )
            (Init-emacs-load (list minibuffer-local-ns-map))))

--
Le