Character classification functions

From: sdn . gnuem
Subject: Character classification functions
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 12:43:03 -0400 (EDT)

Does emacs-lisp have any character classification predicates?  I'm thinking
like maybe 'letterp' or 'digitp' or 'alphanump' (names I made up, of course).

I could do this with regexps ("[[:alpha:]]", etc), but that seems like kind of
a big hammer to use for individual characters.  I was thinking that maybe
something could be done with the case-table, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks in advance!

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/