Re: Having vc mode recognize file under git version control

From: Laird Nelson
Subject: Re: Having vc mode recognize file under git version control
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 13:05:25 -0400

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Vijay Lakshminarayanan <laksvij@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would git's being absent from Emacs' path be responsible for this?
Yes, that is the reason Emacs isn't picking up git and enabling vc on
the page.

Thanks; I figured it would only be looking for a .git directory or something similar, not making a determination of whether something is under version control based solely on the path.  Don't get me wrong; I'm sure there is a good reason.  It would have helped to see a message in the status bar.  Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Laird