Re: Emacs equivalent of the ":g" command in vi

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Emacs equivalent of the ":g" command in vi
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:27:53 -0400

On 7/22/2011 4:51 PM, MBR wrote:
Personally, I don't find I'm "fighting" with macros. You can get an
astounding amount done with macros without having to do the mental
context switch to coding mode.

I agree with this. I use keyboard macros all the time for complicated editing functions that I only have to do once. Define it, then M-x big number.

True, they can be slow, but they're still faster than trying to code up the 'right way' to do it.