Re: Several beginner-questions

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Several beginner-questions
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:39:42 -0400

On 7/26/2011 9:05 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

Oh yes, I tried it, and it looks rather cool. The problem is, however, that I
work quite often from a remote machine, via ssh, and without X. So I believe
that in my case it is a good idea to develop habits for using Emacs without
the gui, from ground up.

If I got to the point of making some effort to learn and use a powerful text
editor, I might as well learn it in a way that is platform/gui/os-independent.
It should be a good investment of time.

I use emacs across many Unix and Windows variants on many platforms. emacs appears the same on all of them.

(except for a few of the key chords like ctrl-shift-pause)