Re: High CPU load after pressing arbitrary key (mostly in C mode)

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: High CPU load after pressing arbitrary key (mostly in C mode)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:48:12 -0700

Michal> Hi all, I experience a weird a problem. It appears more or less
Michal> randomly, typically after using emacs for several hours. The
Michal> responsiveness of emacs starts to be very slow. Whenever I press
Michal> a key, for example to type some character, it appears on the
Michal> screen in let say half a second. By pressing several keys fast,
Michal> the CPU load goes to 100%.

Maybe you're using a mode that doesn't properly clean after itself,
for instance doesn't set markers to nil?

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD