Re: emacs on a text console - please help me overcome the shock

From: jidanni
Subject: Re: emacs on a text console - please help me overcome the shock
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:35:58 +0800

>>>>> "r" == rdiezmail-emacs  <rdiezmail-emacs@yahoo.de> writes:
r> The console mode has been a shock. There is no mouse at all. I cannot
r> navigate the menus as usual, menu-bar-open is weird and unfriendly.
r> But, worst of all, some key combinations do not work well.
But that's the way it must be here on Debian, if you are root.
My question is how do all those high powered Debian Developers cope?
Don't tell me they don't use emacs.
Or not as root.
Not even
when