Re: Annoying change in "other window" behavior

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: Annoying change in "other window" behavior
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:26:50 +0200

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM, MBR <mbr@arlsoft.com> wrote:
> There are certain commands that operate on the "other window". For example:
>
> C-x b brings up the *Buffer List* buffer in the other window,

I believe you mean C-x C-b or list-buffers? C-x b is switch-to-buffer.

> C-x 4 f opens up a file in the other window, and

find-file-other-window

> In a dired buffer you can position the cursor on a file or directory and
> type "o", and it will open that file or directory in the other window.

dired-find-file-other-window

In any case these commands have always used the other-window. I will
have to say you either had some special configuration which is not
working with Emacs 23 or you remember incorrectly.

I just tested this with Emacs 21.4.1.

--
Suvayu