Re: Re[2]: when building ./configure runs eternally

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: Re[2]: when building ./configure runs eternally
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:15:14 +0200

Hi Alisa,

2011/8/23 Алиса Безкреста <alisa.bezkresta@mail.ru>:
> I ran apt-get build-dep emacs23 and it finished without errors.
> I believe I have now all the necessary libraries.
>
> Then I ran again ./configure, which I had to stop manually after some hours,
> since it was checkig the same things over and over again.

I'm not sure what is wrong with your source tree. If you don't mind my
asking, are you sure about the integrity of your source tree? How did
you get it? tarball, bzr checkout, git mirror or somewhere else?

If it is possible, I would urge you to try in a fresh directory with
either the release source tarballs or the bzr head for emacs 23 (or 24
if you wish).

tarball: http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/emacs-23.3a.tar.gz

or,

$ bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/emacs-23