Re: Subject: Re: info node missing(auctex-devel)

From: Shiyuan
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: info node missing(auctex-devel)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:14:22 -0500

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 2:56 AM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Shiyuan,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for reply.
>> I am using the CVS version.  But when I try
>> (add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "~/repos/el/auctex/doc")

>You have to change the "~/repos/el/auctex/doc" to wherever you >installed
>auctex info files. Tassilo was simply giving an example from his setup.
>Based on your last post I would think the correct sexp should be:

I did change the directory to the correct location. What emacs complains is the Info-directory-list is void. I cannot find the the variable by C-h v.

>(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list
            >(expand-file-name "/opt/share/info"))

According to http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InfoPath,
Info-default-directory-list will not be used if INFOPATH is defined but Info-directory-list should always be defined and used. But How comes I cannot see it?  Thanks.
Shiyuan