wcheck-mode (was: Getting Hunspell working properly in Linux)

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: wcheck-mode (was: Getting Hunspell working properly in Linux)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 09:49:02 +0300

* 2011-09-11T01:36:13+02:00 * <rasmus@gmx.us> wrote:

> I have been playing a little bit with wcheck, and I have a question.
> Is it possible to combine dictionaries? For example combining a
> whitespace dictionary with a human language dictionary?

Not possible, sorry. In my head I've been designing a nice support for
multiple simultaneous wcheck languages but it's not completely trivial.
I still believe it's possible with reasonable efforts, though. I haven't
written any actual code experiments to that direction yet but someday I
may.

Mixing two (or more) external checker programs is simple. For example,
if one wants to accept all words written either in Finnish or English
one could use a shell script as the spelling checker:

    #!/bin/sh
    enchant -l -d fi | enchant -l -d en_GB

I think language option connection=pty is required with shell scripts.

> From wcheck-language-data-defaults it also seems that the regexp
> fields are used for other stuff by default.

Options in wcheck-language-data-defaults are used when a
language-specific option does not exist or has an invalid value. That's
all.

> Thanks for wcheck!

Thank you. It's nice to know that you find it useful.