Re: emacs lisp - unable to write a function maker

From: C K Kashyap
Subject: Re: emacs lisp - unable to write a function maker
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:47:19 +0530

Perhaps I'm ruining some didactic exercise here, but if you're using
eval on something you don't want eval'd until the function is run, you
should backquote it. This works for me:

(defun functionmaker (name form)
 (eval
  `(defun ,name ()
     ,form)))

I used to associate backquoting exclusively with macros, but I think
that was wrong thinking.

Hope someone will correct me if I've done something dumb here…

Wow .. .This worked as I was wanting ... Could you please point me to some documentation that would help me with things like, when to use "," in front of the name etc?

Regards,
Kashyap