Re: finding files not visited

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: finding files not visited
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 09:45:43 +0100

On 09/14/2011 12:41 PM, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
I didn't understand what is your idea/suggestion, but I work with large amount of Java files this way: 1. Open a dired buffer for each project (Maven module in my case) 2. Set dired switches (C-u s) to contain -R so it outputs all files recursively 3. Use file name incremental search (C-s) to find what I want. I also have (setq dired-isearch-filenames t) in .emacs for it to be more convenient. Filipp

I'm happily using this solution actually :)

The only problem is that I would like to enable it globally, but only when the actual number of subdirectories is not huge, otherwise it takes forever...

I can't find, however, a variable to set up to give a limit of maximum sub-directories to open...
Or how can I achieve that?