RE: Performance problems (CPU 100%) with NULs in files

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: RE: Performance problems (CPU 100%) with NULs in files
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:58:16 +0000

Thanks for the pointer.  I was not aware of this mode.  This would be very
helpful if I were actually intending to edit binary data.

In this thread, I am discussing simply visiting a file with the
intention/belief that it's just ASCII.  I am not trying to change the text at
all, just view it, scroll through it, etc.  (These are log files that should
just be ASCII.)

Cheers,

Mark