emacs24 + ecb?

From: Lachlan Deck
Subject: emacs24 + ecb?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 05:48:23 +1000

Hi all,

I'm having troubles getting ECB to load up with emacs24. (If there's
alternatives to ECB I'm interested in hearing about them too seeing as it
doesn't appear to be maintained?).

I've installed emacs24 on Mac OS X 10.7 (aka Lion) like so:
$ brew install emacs --cocoa --use-git-head --HEAD
# all good so far
(I'm also trying the latest nightly of Aquamacs)

As I understand that CEDET is already included with emacs24 I've gone to grab
ecb-2.40:
$ cd ~/.emacs.d
$ git clone https://github.com/emacsmirror/ecb.git

So I fire up emacs and enter the following into buffer for ~/.emacs.d/init.el:
;; init.el
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/ecb")
(require 'ecb)
(ecb-activate)

then eval-buffer says:
Symbol's value as variable is void: stack-trace-on-error

Any ideas on what I'm missing?
Thanks!

Lachlan Deck