Re: Access inconsolata font after installing (debian wheezy)

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: Access inconsolata font after installing (debian wheezy)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:47:05 -0700

Harry>  emacs.FontBackend: xft Emacs.font: Inconsolata-12

Try it without the "-12".  If you need a different size, do "M-x
customize-face default", check the checkbox next to "Height" and adjust
the scale.

Harry> (I am running xfs and xfstt servers)

AFAIK that is not relevant, since the font servers only work for
bitmapped fonts.  xft fonts need to be installed locally.  I may be
wrong here, though.

Harry> Doing that, then starting emacs-24 from command line I get: `Font
Harry> `Inconsolata-12 ' is not defined'

I got a similar message when I tried to use a xft font for the menu on
the Lucid build.  It turned out the Lucid toolkit (which is only used
for the menu and for the scrollbar) couldn't handle xft fonts, that is
why I asked which build you had.

Make sure xft is configured in when you build.

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD