Re: Question about 3rd emacs Buffer Window area.

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Question about 3rd emacs Buffer Window area.
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 01:00:18 -0600

On 10/6/11 7:24 PM, Me Myself and I wrote:
I now that I can use C-x b to open a new buffer window,

M-x shell gives me access to the Linux shell,
and that C-x o switches buffers.

How do I open 3 buffer windows, such that I have one file editor (C-x C-f)
and two shell buffers all simultaneously?

C-x C-f                         ; M-x find-file
f o o . t x t RET               ; Find file: prompt
<escape> x s h e l l RET  ; M-x shell
C-x 4 b                         ; M-x switch-to-buffer-other-window
RET                             ; Switch to buffer in other window: prompt
C-u <escape> x s h e l l RET      ; C-u M-x shell
RET                             ; Shell buffer (default *shell*<2>): prompt
C-x 2                           ; M-x split-window-vertically
C-x b                           ; M-x switch-to-buffer
RET                             ; Switch to buffer: prompt
C-x +                           ; M-x balance-windows

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA