Re: Version control "Register" operation

From: Chris Carlson
Subject: Re: Version control "Register" operation
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:34:00 -0700

Thanks for the response, Suvayu.

I'm running the latest Emacs (23.3) on Fedora 13.  After performing a "vc-register", the file is marked read-only, so there is no "check-in" after that unless I check it out first.

In some cases, I'm using RCS (which came with Fedora 13) as well as CVS.  In almost all cases, software I've installed were via yum, so it should have come from the Fedora site.

I have Fedora 15 installed at work, and I see the same behavior with the Emacs that came with it.

I was going to submit a bug to Emacs, but I thought I would check to see if there's an emacs variable that I didn't see or something.

Thanks again,
Chris