tmm-menubar not showing any menu items?

From: Lachlan Deck
Subject: tmm-menubar not showing any menu items?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:06:23 +1100

Hi there,

(for emacs 24~HEAD from a few weeks ago)

if I start up emacs without any customisations (i.e., emacs -Q), tmm-menubar
works as expected, showing the buffer of options to choose from via a single
letter.

However, with my customisations in place many times I find the tmm-menubar
fails to show anything but the following:
Press PageUp key to reach this buffer from the minibuffer.
Alternatively, you can use Up/Down keys (or your History keys) to change
the item in the minibuffer, and press RET when you are done, or press the
marked letters to pick up your choice.  Type C-g or ESC ESC ESC to cancel.
In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

There are no possible completions of what you have typed.

i.e., no options at all. How would I track down why this is failing?

Lachlan Deck
lachlan.deck@gmail.com