RE: special-display-regexps and quitting the windows so formed via "q"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: special-display-regexps and quitting the windows so formed via "q"
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:14:40 -0700

>  > I did (setq special-display-regexps '("\\*Man" "\\*compilation")
>  > Everything is fine, except I wish "q" in those windows
>  > would destroy them, instead of me now having to type C-x 5 0.
>
> You probably want to
> (setq frame-auto-hide-function 'delete-frame)
> in your .emacs.

It's good to (finally!) have a way to customize the behavior - thanks, Martin.

But the _default_ behavior should be to delete the frame, not iconify it.  A
compromise default would be to make the frame invisible.

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9639#17

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9639#38

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8911#134