Re: Mac terminal.app: starting emacs, possibly as sudo

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Mac terminal.app: starting emacs, possibly as sudo
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:34:36 +0200

Am 17.10.2011 um 09:34 schrieb Marius Hofert:

> => Are there any other significant changes I should be aware of?

C-h i m Emacs RET and then navigate to the documentation of your GNU Emacs
variant. Google is another option.

> => Is it possible to get the same/similar behavior as in the GUI, maybe
> through simply redefining root's .emacs and .emacs.d as my own? (bad
> practice?)

Root can launch its Emacs with the -u or --user option.

> But by closing and reopening all my modifications to the file are lost. How
> can one avoid this?

Then don't close it! With a few GB of swap you can keep a few (million) files
open.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for « entrepreneur ».
                                – Georges W. Bush