Re: re Modifying default find-grep command string

From: robert somerville
Subject: Re: re Modifying default find-grep command string
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:24:14 -0600

yes, this is what i was looking for, thanks , much appreciated

Cheers;
Robert Somerville

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:

On Oct 25, 2011, at 11:43 AM, robert somerville wrote:

it seems like a very good start !!

If i can do the following, i will be very pleased !!

1) how (syntax) to specify multiple file types, different from the default?

If you look at the help for rgrep, it mentions grep-files-aliases.

You can add aliases.   Click "customize" and hopefully it will be simple enough for you to add to it.  Then specify the new alias in the 2nd prompt.

2) where/how  to change the default string

Not clear which default string you are referring to.  The default for the files to search changes (somehow) based upon the current buffer.

HTH,
pedz

p.s. on a linux platform