Re: Using commands in Emacs

From: max . le . libertaire
Subject: Re: Using commands in Emacs
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:24:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

C-x 2 mean you have to press the keys [CONTROL] + [x] and then [2] and the
window will split immediately.
M-x mean [ALT] + [x] and is a way to (for instance) call a command like
"shell-command" (the same you invoke from the tool menu).
And there is also a command you must try in emacs, it is C-h t ( [Control]

Sorry if i don't understand correctly your message or if i made some
mistake but i'm not a native english speaker.
++