Re: Optimizing startup speed

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Optimizing startup speed
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 21:57:42 +0100

Am 03.11.2011 um 17:46 schrieb Buchs, Kevin:

> I wonder if you could amplify what you mean by "factorization of your startup
> files into package-specific configuration".

I think Philipp was advocating the use of the require statement, which does not
load the ELisp file at once. Another option is to load the required Elisp file
with a hook that customises this ELisp software when the file was completely
read in.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Wer nichts zu verbergen hat, hat schon alles verloren.
                                (Juli Zeh)