dbus question

From: Eric W. Bates
Subject: dbus question
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:56:48 -0400

I apologize if this has been asked many times. I'm a list n00b and I could not find a solution with Google.

My ISP is using a stock Debian emacs build and has no interest in compiling emacs with dbus disabled. At the same time, this is a headless server and dbus is not running. So every time emacs starts, it barfs with:

process 3824: D-bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": ...

My question:
can d-bus affiliation be disabled via a .emacs setting; or can it only be disable by building emacs WITHOUT_DBUS?

Thank you for your time.