Re: How to flush output to process

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: How to flush output to process
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 20:43:57 +0100

() Frank Fischer <frank-fischer@shadow-soft.de>
() Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:29:15 +0100

   I tried it again today and now it work - no idea what I did differently
   last time. Thank you for your advices and sorry for bothering.

I used to run my computer 24x7, with the consequence that Emacs uptime was
many-monthed.  Being conscientious, i made sure to sync changes in *scratch*
w/ (what i presumed to be) analogous changes in ~/.emacs.  Then one fateful
day, i typed ‘C-x C-c’ by mistake.  Hundreds of buffers gone.  Bummer.

Moment of truth: time to restart Emacs.  You can guess the outcome: errors
(multiple) in ~/.emacs, errors (multiple) in filenames and other linkages,
errors errors everywhere.  Major bummer.

So now i know being conscientious is not something to be so proud of.  :-D