Re: Very slow redrawing when several windows in one frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Very slow redrawing when several windows in one frame
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:46:22 +0200

> From: julien Barnier <julien@nozav.org>
> Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 14:18:03 +0000 (UTC)
>
> One thing I've noticed is that as soon as I've got several windows opened in
> one frame, window redrawing begin to be very slow (and the more open windows,
> the slower it is). Any operation that requires a bit of redrawing (window
> switching, minibuffer height change, etc.) is slow.

Please submit a bug report (with "M-x report-emacs-bug RET"), and
please show a recipe starting with "emacs -Q" for reproducing this
progressive slowdown.  If you need to visit specific files for
reproducing the problem, please try using files that are part of the
Emacs source tree, or else tell where to get those files.

Thanks in advance.

> Is it a known bug ?

Not as far as I Know.

> Is there a workaround ?

Bugs should be fixed, not worked around. ;-)