Re: Why is TAB-completion in shell not working for some commands?

From: Jonathan Oddie
Subject: Re: Why is TAB-completion in shell not working for some commands?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:46:46 +0000

That took less time than I thought it might. See if this helps you:

(let ((path (shell-command-to-string "echo $PATH")))
  (setenv "PATH" path)
  (setq exec-path
        (append
         (split-string-and-unquote path ":")
         exec-path)))

(In case you're not used to evaluating bits of Lisp code in Emacs:
paste that into your *scratch* buffer, put point somewhere in the
middle and type C-M-x or M-x eval-defun)

You would have to kill any existing shell-mode buffers and start over
for this to do anything, I think.

Does that fix it?

cheers,
Jonathan