Re: Very slow redrawing when several windows in one frame

From: Julien Barnier
Subject: Re: Very slow redrawing when several windows in one frame
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 21:15:37 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Please submit a bug report (with "M-x report-emacs-bug RET"), and
> please show a recipe starting with "emacs -Q" for reproducing this
> progressive slowdown.  If you need to visit specific files for
> reproducing the problem, please try using files that are part of the
> Emacs source tree, or else tell where to get those files.

I tried to reproduce the bug, and I noticed for the first time that the
problem doesn't happen on my home computer (which is a netbook with fglrx
drivers), only on my computer at work (which is a more powerful workstation
with nvidia drivers). So it may not be directly related to emacs...

I'll try at work with different video settings.

> Bugs should be fixed, not worked around.

Yep, and I'm very happy that there are clever and nice people who are able and
willing to fix them :-) So, many thanks for that !

Sincerely,

--
Julien