Re: middle mouse paste into isearch minibuffer

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: middle mouse paste into isearch minibuffer
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:12:27 -0600

> Try this, Perry:
>
> (defun isearch-mouse-2 (click)
>  "..."
>  (interactive "e")
>  (isearch-yank-x-selection)
>  (deactivate-mark t))

What is supposed to happen there?

Maybe I'm not understanding what Perry is trying to do.  As I
understood it, P would like to paste what ever is in highlighted
buffer on middle mouse, into C-s.

You mean while holding C-s with left hand right?  And you also assume
running emacs in X right?

After evaluating Drews code... if I hold down C-s and try to press
middle mouse... I see (in minibuffer) `C-mouse-down-2-' and a "text
properties" dialog box pops up with the first 4 items greyed out.  The
first active item says "Special properties"  and nothing is pasted
whatsoever.  I am in an elisp document if that matters.

I don't mean to butt in here where a conversation that is actually
over my head is going on, but I too would like to be able to paste to
isearch with mid mouse as Perry describes.

Perry, I've long thought it should be easier to do what you describe,
but lacked the ability to explain the case as elegantly as you have.

So I'm trying to ride on your coattails and get a functionality I've
also hankered for.