WebDAV support

From: Cecilio Pardo
Subject: WebDAV support
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 17:37:25 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to use WebDAV support (url-dav.el) but there is a strange
problem with xml namespaces. I found this in a ChangeLog entry from
2001:

 (url-dav-supported-p): Cheap way to figure out whether we will be
 able to do DAV at all.  We rely on the XML parser expanding
 namespaces for us, and currently you need a patched version of
 xml.el to do this.  Patch sent to author for consideration.

The function url-dav-support-p is defined as:

 (defun url-dav-supported-p (url)
   (and (featurep 'xml)
        (fboundp 'xml-expand-namespace)

xml-expand-namespace is nowhere to be found, so dav is never
supported, and in fact it doesn't work if the server uses an alias other
than DAV for the DAV namespace.

Any workaround for this?

--
Cecilio Pardo.