OS X Lion - Emacs resume after computer shutdown

From: Chris Henderson
Subject: OS X Lion - Emacs resume after computer shutdown
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:47:23 +1100

I'm running Emacs 22.1.1 on OS X Lion (10.7.2).

Lion has a feature of resuming applications on computer (re)start. But if I keep
emacs open and try to shutdown the computer, it asks to exit emacs first. Is
there anyway to avoid shutting down emacs every time I have to shutdown the
computer?

I'm using the Terminal program that comes with Lion and it stays open when I
shutdown the computer without any issues.

Thanks.