Re: OS X Lion - Emacs resume after computer shutdown

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: OS X Lion - Emacs resume after computer shutdown
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:34:58 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:47, Chris Henderson <henders254@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running Emacs 22.1.1 on OS X Lion (10.7.2).
>
> Lion has a feature of resuming applications on computer (re)start. But if I
> keep
> emacs open and try to shutdown the computer, it asks to exit emacs first. Is
> there anyway to avoid shutting down emacs every time I have to shutdown the
> computer?
>
> I'm using the Terminal program that comes with Lion and it stays open when I
> shutdown the computer without any issues.

If you are really "shutting down", then I don't think OS X actually
resumes the running applications. This is more of a session restore.
OS X is probably not aware that the terminal is running an application
in it, you can try running emacs graphically and see if that helps. I
am not familiar with OS X so I could be completely wrong.

As an alternative you can try hibernating instead of shutting down.

> Thanks.

GL

--
Suvayu