How to pre-load compile command history?

From: Roy Smith
Subject: How to pre-load compile command history?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:16:22 -0500

I'm running GNU Emacs 23.1.1.  In my init.el file, I set my default compile
command:

(global-set-key "\C-cm" 'compile)
(setq compile-command "cd /home/roy/songza/code/radio/api/mobile/test; python
test_api.py")

That works fine, but now I've got several different commands that I run often.
Is there some way to pre-load them into the compile history, so I can just do
c-c m, then up-arrow though the history to pick the one I want?

---
Roy Smith
roy@panix.com