Re: Antwort: Re: C-SPC does not work

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: C-SPC does not work
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:38:57 +0200

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:10:44 +0100, haering-list@basf.com wrote:
> 1. When typing C-SPC and then C-h l Emacs doesn`t show the C-SPC keypress in
> the buffer, but "C-h l"
> 2. Also C-@ does not work to mark text
> 3. I also downloaded the newest official windows release from http://
> ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/. But also in this distribution the problem is
> still the same.
>
> Any further comments?

Try starting Emacs without any customisations and see if the problem
still exists, for example on my windows machine I would do this as
follows:

C:\Users\JGROLL\Programs\Emacs\emacs-23.2\bin>emacs -q

(The `-q` means it will load neither ~/.emacs or default.el)

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za