Re: Gnus: Sending email from an IMAP account: "Process smtpmail not runn

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: Gnus: Sending email from an IMAP account: "Process smtpmail not running"
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:32:18 +0100

Dear Tassilo,

many thanks for helping :-)

I added the line to .authinfo and the three lines to .gnus.el. I then tried to
send emails from both my accounts and obtained (in both cases):
"Sending failed: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
l18sm13222866fab.9"

I then tried it with...

(setq send-mail-function         'smtpmail-send-it
        message-send-mail-function 'message-smtpmail-send-it
        smtpmail-smtp-server       "mail.uni.edu")

... but obtained again "Process smtpmail not running".

Cheers,

Marius