Re: Gnus: How to get/force specific header entries in a new message?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Gnus: How to get/force specific header entries in a new message?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:30:45 +0100

Marius Hofert <marius.hofert@math.ethz.ch> writes:

Hi Marius,

> I saw on
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Hiding-Headers.html
> that I can specify which headers are visible via something like:
>
> (setq gnus-visible-headers
>       ...)
>
> That's the default of gnus-visible-headers. However, comparing with
> the above, one sees that not all of these headers/entries are actually
> displayed… How can I specify that the following headers are always
> shown in a new message?

`gnus-visible-headers' controls the visible headers in an article buffer
(gnus-article-mode).  That's something different than the message-mode
that you have when writing new messages.

For the headers you get in message-mode, have a look at this variable
and the referenced ones.

,----[ C-h v message-generate-headers-first RET ]

`----

> PS: Most likely the last Gnus question for today :-)

I wouldn't bet any money on that. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo
--