Gnus: Forwarding mails: include attachments, blank To:, point position?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Gnus: Forwarding mails: include attachments, blank To:, point position?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:26:44 +0100

Hi,

I figured out that with "F" (or "f") I can forward an email. There are three
things which I wonder about:

1) Why are attachments not included in forwarded emails (at least I do not see
them as attachments)? How can I automagically include attachments?
The reason is simple: It is easy to delete the attachments in case they are
unwanted, but it's more work to attach them (which is often what I want when
forwarding emails).

2) The forwarded email contains the original sender as "To:". Since this is
almost never the person you want to forward the message to (otherwise one would
have chosen a reply instead), one always has to delete this address first. Is
it possible to have a blank field "To:" as default in forwarded emails?

3) A forwarded mail (but also a reply) in which the original email text is
included, looks like this:
--text follows this line--
Sender Name <sender.email@foo.bar> writes:

(*)> Hi, I just wanted to write to you because ...

> Regards
>
> John

The point, by default, is at (*). Is it possible to have the point in the
beginning of the line after "--text follows this line--", then a newline, then
"Sender Name..."? Because either you want to just answer the whole mail (for
which this position would be perfect) or you want to answer a specific part
(for which you would have to move the point anyway). But having the point where
it is by default is not ideal for any of these situations.

Cheers,

Marius