Gnus: How to save *all* attachments at once [gnus-summary-save-parts]?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Gnus: How to save *all* attachments at once [gnus-summary-save-parts]?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 23:21:15 +0100

Hi,

If I use X m to save (all) email attachments, I am first asked "Save parts of
type: image/.*" and then in which folder. I would like to adjust these default
settings. I managed to set the directory to ~/Downloads via
(setq gnus-summary-save-parts-last-directory "~/Downloads")

I would like to save _all_ attachments as default, so I put in .gnus.el:
(setq gnus-summary-save-parts "*.*")
However, I'm stil asked for image/.*. How can I specify to save all attachments
at once [not only images]?

Cheers,

Marius