Re: Emacs w,ith Ubuntu and Alt-arrow

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: Emacs w,ith Ubuntu and Alt-arrow
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:15:47 +0200

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 16:36:33 -0500, "Steve Prud'Homme" <sprudhom@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I use emacs with Ubuntu in console mode (plain text, not windowed).
> Also, i use the org mode.
> I want to know how to avoid the console change with the shortcut
> alt-arrow because the org mode use the M-Arrow shortcut.
> Thanks

I can confirm on my 11.10 system that I have the same problem as you,
but I don't normally run emacs within a tty terminal, so it doesn't
affect me too badly.

Someone else seemed to think that a reinstall resolved this problem
for them on 11.04:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/47765/switching-tty-shortcut

I personally don't think a reinstall is a good solution, but it may be
worth asking the original poster to that thread (Sid) if the problem
recurred on 11.10.

J'espère que cela vous aide,
Jonathan
--