Re: Gmail with emacs

From: Steve Prud'Homme
Subject: Re: Gmail with emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:21:49 -0500

Ok i try to configure my GNU Emacs to read gmail email.
I saw on a web site that i have to put these line :

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "gmail"
                                  (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                                  (nnimap-server-port 993)
                                  (nnimap-stream ssl))

So I've put it in .emacs
Now I have this error

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`/home/sprudhom/.emacs':

Symbol's value as variable is void: gnus-secondary-select-methods

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.

I'm a beginner in emacs mail... can anybody help me with a low level
(rookie) langage.
Thanks

--
Posté par Steve Prud'Homme