Problem with set-cursor-color

From: S. Champailler
Subject: Problem with set-cursor-color
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 22:58:27 +0100

Dear mailing list,

I've got some troubles with set-cursor-color.

I use the emacs23-nox version of Debian in a unicode-rxvt terminal. Color
support seems good (88 colors according to list-colors-display and I can see
them too).
However when I do (set-cursor-color "brightwhite") nothing happens : the cursor
remains grey and doesn't get white. I've tried "red" too, no success neither...
I've emptied my .emacs file but it doesn't help.

On the web, many reference to the XTERM env. variable are made, but since emacs
shows me many colors, I guess my setup is right.

I've no idea if this is a bug... Is it ? Or isn't  set-cursor-color the proper
way to set the cursor's color ?

Best regards,

Stefan