Re: Starting buffer configuration

From: Silvio Levy
Subject: Re: Starting buffer configuration
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 14:55:13 -0800

Thanks. Strangely, when I tried with the new mu file in place I got a
blank screen forever and no interaction, as if it were in an infinite
loop. The last message was "loaded /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50psvn.el".
Quitting and repeating made no difference. Then as soon as I placed
(setq debug-on-quit t) in my .emacs, it started working.

> BTW, you are apparently using an old development version of Emacs.
> If you can, you should probably upgrade to at least Emacs 23.2 (or
> downgrade to Emacs 23.1).

I just run what "sudo apt-get install emacs-snapshot-dbg" gives me.
These days I'm reluctant to install/upgrad large software packages
other than via the ubuntu repository.  When something goes wrong
it's a daunting task to fix it...

Silvio